Share on Facebook Share Twitter

Our History

Kinburn is the former name of the town we know as Mahone Bay. One of the most photographed waterfronts in the province, Mahone Bay's title from years gone by is remembered today by the local pharmacy that has served the community since the late 1800's.

Kinburn Pharmasave began life as Dr. Pickles Pharmacy. The pharmacy was purchased from Dr. Pickle by Olive and Taylor of Bridgewater. They hired Roy Crouse, a local resident of Mahone Bay, as the pharmacist and later became a partner in the store. Crouse became part of a long tradition of local people whose involvement, operation and ownership have kept the pharmacy in close touch with town. Crouse ran the store until he passed in 1958. Russell Crowell then joined partner Maxwell Olive and changed the name of the store to Kinburn as a tribute to Mahone Bay's past. In 1972, pharmacist Derek Wentzell, another Mahone Bay native, bought Kinburn Pharmacy. In 1987, the pharmacy joined the Pharmasave group. Macquarries Drug Ltd purchased Kinburn Pharmasave in 1998 and remains the proud owners to this day.

Kinburn Pharmasave understands its commitment to quality service for the Mahone Bay community. Just as the name calls to mind the history and character of Mahone Bay, Kinburn Pharmasave never forgets its focus on meeting the needs of the people of the community it has called home for more than 100 years.